Welcome to Atheism 101!
This show contains questionable taste, bad jokes and good research. Your hosts will usually agree but when they don’t be prepared for petty name calling, whining and desperate call backs to poorly remembered or desperately googled research. They are human, after all. Feel free to call them on their bullshit, but if you do, be prepared for some blowback. Welcome to Atheism 101, a beginner’s guide to skeptical thinking.
Atheism 101 is supported entirely by listeners like you! You can make a donation via PayPal or subscribe to bonus content on Patreon. But if donations aren’t your thing, use our Amazon affiliate link to do your usual shopping. It won’t cost you a penny more but Matt & Tim will get a kickback from Amazon — everybody wins!
- Episode 184: Counter Apologetics Fun! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 183: Myth Informed - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 182.5: Snow-Stravaganza! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 182: Jose de Luis Jesus Miranda! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 181: Andrew Whyte on Preterism - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 180: LIVE SHOW! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 179: Random Religious Rites Feb 2017 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 178: Zoroastrianism Conclusion! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 177: Who is Desiring Camels! (Zoroastrianism) - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 176: Martin Luther Pt3 – 95 Thesesusasusus and the Fallout - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 176: Gene Gene the Reason Machine - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 175: MvT- The Death Match 2017 (For all the Babies)! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 174: Martin Luther Pt2 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- “Episode 173: Bonus – Lron Hubbard Museum” - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 172 Persia part 3 This time it’s Persianal! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 171- Persia part 2: The Persian-ing! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 170: Martin Luther Pt1; The Road to the Reformation - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 169: The Persian World part 1! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Patreon Ep 101: Special release because numbers!! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 168: Joseph Priestley and the Mouse Holocaust! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 167: Big Gay Jim is not a lawyer - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 166: Patreon Bible Jeopardy 1 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 165.5: Making Lemonade! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 166: Religons Around the World; Suriname - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Bonus Election Special! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 165: Accidents in History Part 2- The effects of Hellenism! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 164: Halloween Special - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 163: Accidents in History- It’s all Macedonian to Me! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 162: Special Guests Mythicist Milwaukee - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 161: Vlad the Rus! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 160: Random Religious Rites 2 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 159: Torture Devices of the Spanish Inquisition! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Bonus Episode on Saint Jerome! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 158: Greek Pt. 2- The prodigious and sometimes parthenogenetic progeny of Zeus - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 157: Mao Mao part 2! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 156: Mao Mao part 1! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 155: Special Guest Karen Garst - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Pepitode 86 Special Release- Target Has NASCAR Shirts?! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 154.5 St. Kilda part 2! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 154: St. Kilda with Ed! (Part 1) - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 153: Heliocentrism - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 152: William of Normandy - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 151: The quiz where Waiting 4 Wrath should have listened to Jenn! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 150: A Whole Month of Mythicism part 4 – Conclusion - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 149: Most of a Month of Mythicism part 3- Some of our Discussion… - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 148: Most of a Month of Mythicism part two- Tim’s turn - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 147: Most of a Month of Mythicism part one- Matt’s Turn! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 146: With Promoting Secular Feminism - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 145: Paul part 3 of 3! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 144: Patreon Bonus 3 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 143: The End of Paul- Part 1 of 2! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 142: Random Religious Rites - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 141: Occult Games, Toys and… Home Decor?! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 140: Mike from “Poorly Summarized” - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 139: Greek Mythology – Origin Story - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 138: Paul! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 137: Ed and Holy Spirit Epistemology! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 136: The Inca - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 135: A Talk about a Talk with Matt’s Friend! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 134: Patreon Bonus 2 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 133: The One Where Shea from Waiting 4 Wrath Wins at Bible Jeopardy! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 132 – Religions around the world- Ethiopia! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 131: Cosmology or How to make a Balloon from Scratch! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 130: C Webb from Paranormal Skeptic Academy! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 129: Scientology Pt4; Power Assumed - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 128: Tony Costa in the Lion’s Den with Ed Atkinson! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 127: New Religions with Steve from Waiting 4 Wrath! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 126: James the Brother of Somebody and Peter! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 125.5: A Primer for Episode 126! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Epsiode 125: Original Motto with Secular Yakking - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 124: A Mystery Topic! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 123: Patreon Bonus - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 122: Israel- Soup to Nuts part 2! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 121: Religions Around the World: Indonesia - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 120: Chris Matheson! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 119:A Dollop of Homage - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 118: The Navajo - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 117.5: One Big Outtake! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 117: Israel- Soup to Nuts part 1! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 116: A Prepackaged Jesus - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 115.5: A Topical Excursion! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 115: Hell with Andrew Whyte! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 114: The Dalai Lama - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 113.5: Gnosticism 2.5! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 113: Gnosticism part 2! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 112: Tom and Cecil from Cognitive Dissonance - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 111: The Road to Gnosticism! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 110: A Talk with Callie Wright - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 109: Tim and Matt Crush a little on Andrew Whyte! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 108: Religion in Video Games with Aaron from Waiting 4 Wrath! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 107: Religion around the world: The Philippines - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 106: Child Sacrifice in the Bible! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 105: Walk like an Egyptian - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 104: Sex Ed with Uncle Matt and Uncle Tim part 3 of 3! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 103: Sex Part Deux - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 102: Sex Ed with Uncle Matt and Uncle Tim part 1 of ??? - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 101: Totems with Jenn from Waiting for Wrath - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 100: Scientology Pt3: Snow White Takes it Over the Rainbow Org - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 108: Religion in Video Games - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 99: Lee Joins Us for Almost Episode 100! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 98.5: Bonus free Patreon episode! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 98: Morality Master Debate - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 97: Facebook Admin Chris joins Matt and Tim! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- “Episode 96: The Maya with special guest Daniel!” - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 95: Stephen West of “Philosophize This!” - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 94: Professor Stephen enjoyed the hell out of this! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 93.5: Heretic Woman and Jim Dobler are LIVE with Matt! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 93: Listener Questions – Volume 2! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 92: Listener Questions – Volume 1! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 91: Marvin the Marcion! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 90: Aztecs - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 89: Satanism in a Nutshell! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 88: Mesoamerica - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 87.5: Matthew the Apostle! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 87: People are Tricky! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 86: Shamanism - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 85.5: ReasonCon Wrap Up! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 85: Daniel from the Gaytheist Manifesto! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 84: Eli Eli lama sabachthani, Ebionites, Bible Jeopardy and Tim’s mouth noises… - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 83: The Amish are coming!! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 82: Failed Bible Prophecies 2: Fail Harder! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 81: The Adventures of Paul & Thekla - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 80: Dianetics’ n’ stuff - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 79: Dear Pat! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 78: How to be a Biblical Woman with Renee part two - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 77: How to be a Biblical Woman with Renee part one - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 76: Hubbard History - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 75: Uranium Story Time! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 74: Krazy Kellogg - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 73: A Primer on Reading Studies! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 72: 7th Day Adventists - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 71.5: Interview with Mrs Ashley’s son Christian - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 71: Buddhism Pt 2 with NRR - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 70: Buddhism Pt 1 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 69: Special Guest Will! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episope 68.5: The Gospels According to Matty-O! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 68: The Nativity Problem - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 67.75: News Show 2 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 67.5: New Microphone Short! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 67: Cha-na-na-na-nan-ucka - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 66: Presup Calvinism - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 65: A History of the Universe in Twelve Pages or Less! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 64: Russell’s Witnesses - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 63: The Newest Episode! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 62: Burned Over District - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 61: Tim Debates Mark! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 60: Halloweenies 2 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 59: Bible Stories 3 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 58: Dissing the Argument from Desire and a Bunch of Other Bullshit - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 57: Evolution Bits - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 56: Norse Mythology - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 55: A Peek Behind the Curtain with Miss Ashley! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 54: Oak Island Idiots - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 53: Islam II and TIME TRAVEL - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 52.5: Forbidden Archaeology and PATREON - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 52: Islam…FINALLY - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 51: Flat Earth part 2 - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 50: Flat Earth part 1 (Round Sausage Balls or Something…) - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 49: Justin Vacula joins Matt and the other guy! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 48: Ed Joins Us to Talk About Some Stuff! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 47: Jibber-Jabber/Who Gives a [email protected]?! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 46: The Mountain Meadows Meet ‘n’ Greet! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 45: Those Bleepity-Bleep-Bleeping Bottle Caps and Hindu Creationism! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 44: Mormonism with Brent Pseudologian! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 43: ANNOUNCEMENT TIME! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 42: Ghosts, Ya’ Know? - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 41: We have a special guest who joins us to talk Mormonism! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 40.75: The Placebo Show! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 40.5: Science is Fucking Awesome, Guys! Trees?! Edition - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 40: SkeptiQuiz- Origin of Species Edition! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 39: Tim plays with a bottle cap and his book while we talk Mormon theology… - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 38: Joseph Smith’s Birthing Pangs - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 37: Technical Difficulties Abound Edition! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 36: Matt Goes A-Ramblin’! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 35: Flood Myths and a Thirty Second Montage of Tim Breathing! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 34: Magical Thinking! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 33: It’s the Timmy-Time Fun Show on Supplements! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 32: A Good Old-Fashioned Gender Bender! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 31: Praise be to Jesus! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 30.5: My Mother-in-Law is Watching the Baby so I can Make this Episode! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 30: Hoarding Woo- A Case Study - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 29: Miracles! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 28: Faith Healing! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 27: We’re not Doggin’ it, We’re Hoggin’ it! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 26.5 The Devil, it turns out, isn’t even in the details. - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 26: Jewish Messiah Claimants - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 25: Logical Phalluses… Uh, Fallacies, Logical Fallacies! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 24: A Manual for Creating Atheists with Peter Boghossian - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 23.5: Humble Parasite Redux. Yeah, it was Matt’s fault. - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 23: Accidents in History and Indoctrination - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 22.5: Science is Fucking Awesome, Guys! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 22: “Humanism Part Deux or Whatever Matt Decides to Call this Episode” - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 21.5: Donate! … Please. - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 21: A Conversation with Ed Atkinson! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 20.5: Matt Watches the Super Bowl and Immediately Sells his Soul to the Devil! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 20: Humanism Part 1! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 19.5: Excommunication: A Joy I’ll Never Experience - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 19: Cold Reading! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 18.5: MATT IS BORED! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 18: Jake Farr-Wharton Joins Us to Talk About Genetics, Evolution, Breasts, Theology, Singlets, Male Pattern Baldness and Anthropology! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 17: Homeopathy Regurgitated - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 16: The Problem of Evil with Justin Schieber - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 15: Short Episode? Blame it on Christmas. - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 14: Socrates Revisited - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 13: More “Live” Bible Stories! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 12: Contradictions Part Deux - Atheism 101 Podcast
- SkeptiQuiz Special - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 11: Bible Contra… Gospel Contradictions! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 10: Socraters! - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 9: Interview with Ryan Weaver plus the Squirrel Skin of Great Appreciation - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 8: Halloweenies - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 7: Tim Called Me “Matty-o” Again, So I am Quitting the Show - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 6: Contrary to Popular Belief - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 5: Markan Priority - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 4: Morality II: This Time, it’s Personal (Responsibility) - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 3: Morality and Pascal’s Stoopid Wager - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 2: Matt’s Deconversion - Atheism 101 Podcast
- Episode 1: Tim’s Deconversion Story - Atheism 101 Podcast
We’d love to hear from you!
You can find Atheism 101 on all the socials but the best way to get ahold of Matt & Tim is on Facebook, twitter or with a direct message. The guys always like to hear from fans and critics alike, but if you’re sending a correction or complaint, as they say, be ready for some blow back 😉
On The Socials!
Opens a message window that emails the show.
Listen to the Show
Our show is available on all the major networks… well, both of them anyway. You can also listen on the website below or on the Show Archive Page.
Check us out on iTunes or Stitcher and if you really like the show we always appreciate a good rating. iTunes and Stitcher ratings go a long way toward promoting the show and getting us to new listeners. Thanks for checking out our show!
- Love, love, love!March 14, 2017 by Kim from Colorado from United States
Just found this podcast, and have been binge-listening the last couple days. I learn and laugh a lot!
- Awesome!February 24, 2017 by M'bahlz ez Hari from United States
Dick in butt
- Gloryhole mother fu...oh waitJanuary 27, 2017 by Sordidatus from United States
- They told me to...January 27, 2017 by Joesen1 from United States
- Great Podcast! Helps me learn the truthNovember 15, 2016 by ebayfranstuff from United States
This podcast has helped me through my process of letting go of the last religion I had tried in desperation, Mormonism, as I learned what the missionaries didn't tell me, as well as learning to look at religion in general with a skeptical eye. I don't know what is out there, but it sure isn't a sky dady who counts my sins.This podcast teaches me something new every episonde, whether it's about christianity in general, or a religion in particular, since the guys do in depth studies of different religions, the bible and other "holy books"Thanks for the education! Now I know why I never fit into any relgion, they didn't make sense. Fran
- Atheism 101 Rocks!!September 12, 2016 by Peter_from_delray from United States
Atheism 101 is a lot of fun and very informative. Matt & Tim are both hysterical while providing information on various topics. I look forward to when they choose a topic i.e. a part of the bible or a person in history they do the research and then present the info. While they both go over it giving their opinion on the subject, which sometimes leads to disagreements but all the while keeping it fun. 2 of my favorites so far is when they went over Paul and Mao. The guests they have on are awesome especially when they play Bible Jeopardy. This podcast is great for new atheist or skeptics or for people who have been atheist a long time. Keep it up fellas TY very much!! Peter
- I'm a believer in Atheism 101!September 11, 2016 by bgp1 from United States
So for the past 2 weeks I've ridden my motorcycle from N.Y. To San Francisco and have started riding back and have been listening to these guys almost the entire way. Very smart guys. Really likable and entertaining. And just to check if they will really do it, penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, vagina.
- Great showAugust 5, 2016 by Drc667 from United States
Don't know how I missed this one, but I'm glad I finally found you. Glad the sound is fixed, those first few were brutal... Keep up the great work!Oh, isn't Scranton a great place to be from? My sister can't wait to get out of there!
- From Your Pal Mike at Poorly SummarizedAugust 1, 2016 by msmit106 from United States
Matt and Tim have a fun dynamic and always bring great energy to the show. I genuinely respect how seriously they take their research and how unique their show is in a the sea of atheist podcasts.Also I understand they are contractually obligated to read on air whatever I write so in that case...penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis....penis.
- Great podcastJuly 20, 2016 by _Jamin_ from United States
Perfect for budding atheists. Matt and Tim do a great job of explaining and arguing nearly every ridiculous claim/story in the bible.
- Insightful Podcast.July 20, 2016 by Recovering Catholic. from United States
Great beginner podcast for my road to skepticism. Matt and Tim always have an interesting topic, and leave enough to be desired to do your own research. They have also convinced me to finally read the bible.
- Thank you for the ammoJune 20, 2016 by 0xyjen from United States
It's been recently (past 2 years) that I've embraced being atheist to the point of stating it out loud. I suppose the hesitation lay in not being able to pin point details to support my disbelief or counter-view of religion. Thank you for doing the research and explaining it so well. I just found your podcast a few weeks ago from a common search with Philosophize This! Keep up the great work!
- Enjoyable so farJune 14, 2016 by Cat for the Tillerman from United States
I just discovered this podcast a couple months ago. I've listened to several of the latest episodes and find them quite informative and entertaining for the most part. I listen to other Atheism podcasts as well and this show is one of my regulars so far. I often only listen to part of the show and continue later, since it's over an hour long for most episodes (I do that with most podcasts). I recommend giving the show a spin if interested in the subject matter.
- Great content, better hosts!June 3, 2016 by Brockton Gator from United States
Hey guys. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your podcast. I'm up to episode 90 or so, so I'm still playing catch up. It's refreshing to hear about all the different religions out there and how crazy they can get. I grew up in the Episcopal church but never really felt like I belonged. Thank you for doing what you do to help those who seek facts and not faith. Keep up the awesome work. Cheers!
- Great listenJune 3, 2016 by markpa from United States
I really enjoy listening to this very educational Podcast.
- Great showMay 5, 2016 by Ricky1156 from United States
Love the show guys. It’s like Irreligiosophy if they had a regular release schedule.
- Cuddly AtheistsApril 29, 2016 by VaDawn13 from United States
Nice guys. Good research. Always a welcome sight to find a new episode in my queue. Yeah you'll hear an expletive or two once in a while but the hosts are really smart and cuddly. 🙂
- Love the showApril 12, 2016 by Drmrboy from United States
Thanks guys love the show!
- Love you guys!April 10, 2016 by Catwoman28078 from United States
You say that no one reaches out to you. Here I am reaching out to you to tell you that you guys rock! I love your podcast, even when you guys ramble a bit and get off topic. LOL. I have learned so much listening to you and look forward to hearing more! Keep up the great work! Thanks for all you do! BTW, it was Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny not Danny Devito. 😉
- Wish I Would Have Found This Earlier!April 4, 2016 by Raquel419 from United States
As a black woman in America, being a Christian is presupposed. Even after my deconversion, I'm still bombarded by Christianity every day by family and friends. This made my journey to atheism a long and arduous process. I found Atheism 101 in an effort to help me stay grounded because I have no one to talk to about this subject. The episodes on skepticism, science, and ancient religions are very informative and entertaining. Matt and Tim have a great rapport. I only wish I would have found it sooner.
- Amazing showMarch 29, 2016 by Poopydoop99 from United States
Great show, listening from the beginning and I'm at episode 64. Perfect podcast, love the content, and I can't wait to catch up
- Fun show and informativeMarch 3, 2016 by Not lovin this crappy app from United States
I'm new to the show and I have liked it so far. These two guys are not trying to force their atheism on the listener but share information and give their opinion on the subject. I have stopped listening to other shows because they come off as angry and hateful and talk about religious people as if they were complete idiots for having faith. These guys don't do that and that is one of the reasons I enjoy the show. keep up the good work. Kevin
- Atheism AwesomFebruary 26, 2016 by RLaMonda from United States
These guys are great. Been listening for years. They say they aren't professional. This is like Spoc saysing he has to take a guess. At their worst (which I've never heard), they rock.They provide great information and humor.Their friendship comes out in every episode. Don't miss it!
- Love this showFebruary 16, 2016 by ricksher from United States
I love hearing Matt & Tim discussing the subjects that they obviously did a lot of research on.
- 101 People!February 15, 2016 by amszha from United States
i appreciate learning about all the different religions, especially those I didn’t even know existed. Love the ‘buds’ camaraderie, it’s like listening to your friends informing you on topics you don’t normally discuss in your everyday life, love it!
- Nice job on the showJanuary 22, 2016 by The Mighty Erv from United States
Thanks for a great show, Guys. I appreciate the amount of work you do to make this happen every week. I learn something every episode and am entertained by The chemistry Matt and Tim have "on air." Keep the good stuff coming.
- More than a 101January 10, 2016 by Kirbym bloke from United Kingdom
Shamed into this (quite correctly) by ep 111 while catching up. Solid, funny Matt and Tim give the real details on subjects and then some. Happy to admit when they don't know something and about the right amount of side tracking to keep it really light and easy to listen and learn some stuff.
- Great funJanuary 8, 2016 by Dad-dancing Ed from United Kingdom
The banter is fun and they enjoy putting the boot in to Christianity in particular. If you need a balanced view, then listen to other podcasts as well. But the full on skepticism works well. The quality is improving as they get in their stride but the first two where the hosts tell their stories are not to be missed. I wrote the text above in Nov 2013. I am updating. They continue to do a really good job providing information in a fun and relevant way. It is nearly always material that I have not heard before and I am learning each week. Just excellent.
- Really enjoy!January 6, 2016 by Brogannagorb from United States
You guys are great, very tongue in cheek discussions, most of the time it feels like the listener is a fly on the wall of a living room with two guys drinking Milwaukee's Best and bantering about things you two clearly have a passion for. Keep it up! ...also I hope you don't actually drink Milwaukee's best
- Love these guys.December 9, 2015 by Whaleshark23 from United States
If I weren't an atheist already this show would have done the trick.Really enjoy the non-confrontational, "hey let's talk about it" tone to the show.
- Most enjoyable and informative.December 8, 2015 by Secularyakking from United States
Matt and Tim have have provided a great deal of information that I wouldn't have thought to look up on my own. I highly Using their show as a start for your own investigations into the subjects.
- I love the formatNovember 18, 2015 by Marc 52805327632984 from United States
You two have a great chemistry which adds to your show's enjoy ability. I like how it is informative and entertaining. You have found your niche in the vast array of atheist podcasts by giving historical reviews of various religions and other myths.Sorry for the late review. I have actually been listening to your show for quite some time (over a year thanks to Miss Ashley and Bobby C.)
- Educational WITH Dick Jokes!November 11, 2015 by Tay S. from United States
I'm a big fan of this podcast. I'm trying to make my way back through the archives, and you can totally see these two evolve in their presentation and chemistry. Matt & Tim are erudite enough to teach me about religion and history, but crass enough to humor me with dirty words and sex jokes. Keep up the great work, guys! (And yes, you can use my name on air.)
- ShowSeptember 1, 2015 by Quincy1979 from United States
Mat, Tim, i literally stumbled across this podcast by accident, but have been hooked since i listened to the first episode. You guys bring a fresh, informative and funny approach to learning about christianity and other world religions. My favorite episode to date is the mormon episode, Tim killed it with the nicknames for Joseph Smith, not to leave you out Mat loved the faith healing and excommunication. As an athiest of 4 years who was helped along by my wife i enjoy learning about the things i never knew about when i was a believer. Keep up the good work.
- Great PodcastAugust 21, 2015 by scrapiron67 from United States
I just discovered this podcast a last week so I'm only on episode 13. Definitely not misogynistic. One of my top five "free thinker" sites. Keep up the good work.
- Sweet Suite!August 21, 2015 by Carolyn431010 from United States
I've been listening to you since the beginning and consider you guys a significant part of my journey out of religion. Loved the suite on Scientology...my favorite remains the Mormons.Keep up the great work!CarynMichaels
- ExcellentAugust 11, 2015 by LOSTVCAUZ from United States
I’m definitely not a new atheist, but I love this podcast because it gives me fresh perspective on some of the topics I’ve debated with believers in the past. New perspective on my own atheism I actually took for granted, but now continue to add new knowledge, The show is great and since I started listening a month or so ago, I’ve been to every new episode and downloading the old ones. Keep up the awesome work!
- Nearly my favorite heathen podcast!July 22, 2015 by Mojo23- from United States
If you have time for one podcast in your life, Listen to Utah Outcasts Podcast. If you happen to have enough time for two podcasts, you may want to try listening to Atheism 101 Podcast. Seriously though, I've finally caught up to the current episodes and may I say, well done! These guys keep it funny, informative, and very engaging!
- very helpful for newbies to navigate the issuesJuly 21, 2015 by shankpuppet from Canada
Over the past year or so, I’ve been making the journey from lapsed Catholic to near-atheist. Thanks to Matt and Tim for making the effort to share their knowledge and experiences. Along with other reading and documentary-watching I’ve done, Atheism 101 has been a very beneficial resource to help me sort out my own beliefs.
- I shiver with anticipation for each new podcast.July 16, 2015 by Watching from Kansas from United States
I love this podcast. The only one I like better is the HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast, because it’s based on myths that are creepy and full of things like Cthuthlu, Elder Things, Shoggoths, etc. Atheism 101 is based on religious myths, which are not as entertaining and full of ridiculous laws and characters. My third favorite is the Watching Dead with Jim and Aron. I like to hear people talk about scary stories about people rising from the dead, and this fits right in there, except that people believe this crap.That aside, I have learned so much about the history of Christianity and other religions on this podcast. If you are someone who is having trouble leaving religion, this is the perfect podcast to learn the background of various religious beliefs and why they are accepted and why they are nonsense. I listen to a few other atheism podcasts, but I like this one the best because I feel like I am learning something about history, philosophy, and sociology, while other atheism podcasts tend to just cite unfair current events that undermine the freedom from religion right we are supposed to have.Give this one a listen. You will cringe a little when you find out that you have more in common with Satanism than Christianity. And that’s not a bad thing.I'm amending this review in light of the bro accusation. I just don't get that vibe. Maybe you are intimidated by guys.Btw, the intro music sounds like a breaking news story. Surely there is another song that can be used.
- Found this when I needed itJuly 5, 2015 by Downcycle from United States
I just completed a slow multi-year deconversion journey, where each question led me to remove one more brick from the religious foundation. When there were no bricks left, I felt a little lost and the internets led me to Atheism 101 where Matt and Tim have introduced me to many great resources (authors, podcasts, websites) as well as providing a well researched voice for many of the things I intuited as being wrong with christianity.I will also say that the thing that began my deconversion was my feminist and equal rights beliefs. With that in mind, I can understand why someone got upset with you about that. To a new listener who doesn't understand the context, and may be on the lookout for machismo, some of your satirical rips against christianity may not be understood as such. Those people are never going to like your show. Not that you would, but don't feel obligated to change your style to bring in that crowd, you guys are doing great.I just got done catching up with the back catalogue, so I feel like I have a good understanding of the context you're coming from: Two guys with their filters off talking about something they care about. There will occasionally be burps and dong jokes, but even if that bothers you, they're worth a listen.
- 5 STARS from a real feminist!June 29, 2015 by IBCoconutty from United States
I've been listening to this podcast for quite a while and never tire of their friendly, humorous banter. I appreciate your discussions on today's issues and I've learned alot about the doctrine and practices of American religions. You guys are providing a service to those of us hungry for intelligent reasoned conversation. Thanks!
- Very American but still worth a listenJune 25, 2015 by Norbury from United Kingdom
The Christianity these chaps sometimes rail against bears very little resemblance to anything I've encountered in the UK, but the episodes about historical religions (including early Christianity) are very informative and well worth a listen. The occasional sound issues bug me, I think the show is probably produced on a shoestring but an improvement in production would be nice.
- Hey BrosJune 25, 2015 by Uruphred from United States
I listen to Atheism 101 because it's sooooo BROtastic.(Just Kidding)
- Funny and InformativeJune 25, 2015 by roythesnake from United States
I met these guys at Reasoncon 2 and I'm glad that got me to take the leap and put them in my podcast rotation. They are witty, intelligent, and despite what they say, they have a lot of heart. I have a loot of back catalogue to go through, but I learned a lot from the few recent episodes I've listened to.
- Listen to this show if you want to learn (and laugh)June 19, 2015 by actionj99 from United States
I’ve only recently begun to work my way through Matt and Tim’s backlog of episodes and there is so much great stuff here. Unlike many podcasters (many of whom I also listen to) they do extensive research and present what they’ve learned in a thoughtful and entertaining way. I finish every episode feeling smarter and with a smile on my face. Keep it up.
- These guys are Tots cray cray - and spot on tooJune 4, 2015 by GlennAlBatman from United States
As I was coming out of belief, this podcast was among the first I encountered and it helped. The scope of the topics Matt and Tim attempt to cover is typically vast, yet they do an excellent job of summarizing the key details - even after poking each other in the eye for the first 10 minutes of each episode.One thing that makes these guys stand out is their typically fair treatment of the subject material. Unlike some other podcasts I have encountered, they put noticable effort into understanding the position from the point of view if the proponent instead of just pointing and laughing. My background involves deep understanding and many years of practice in Mormonism, Catholicism, and Protestantism. Some podcasts seem to purposfully present a particular position, but with some missing dimension that I have personally experienced. The result is that the position looks much more absurd than it should to an audience member who has never "been there." It's frustrating when that happens - a straw man is a straw man no matter where it's built, after all. Matt and Tim tend not to do this, and it's appreciated.I am proof that people can be helped to rise above religion using only reason and force of argument. It's unlikely that this podcast would ever cross the radar or be internalized by a strident believer, but it is good material and very helpful to someone once the facade has been cracked and they start exploring critical thinking and sketicism.So, whatevs (lol)... Keep up the good work you guys!
- Lots to love hereJune 3, 2015 by Joel A Tinker from United States
This podcast has tons of very interesting information that is delivered by great personalities. I especially enjoyed the episode on Jehovah's Witnesses. I was a jehovah's Witness for the first 21 years of my life and It was so nice to see them accurately explained. These guys deserve the full support of the atheist community. One of my favorite podcasts for sure.
- Enjoyable show for critical thinkersMay 30, 2015 by Deltron11 from United States
Just started listening a few months ago and I'm really enjoying it. I've probably listened to about 1/3 of the episodes so far. Some of my favorite topics have been "Jewish Messiah Claimants" and "Markan Priority." Thanks.
- It's not perfect, but that's what I love about it!May 20, 2015 by Diva Roach from United States
This show is great, it really helped me through my early stages of what I thought to be atheism but am now certain it is agnosticism. These guys make mistakes, and they admit it. No one is perfect, and they don't try to be. Either way, this podcast is full of good points, facts, and topics of argument that you can give to a Christian or anyone to consider as just compelling evidence of falseness in many religions. NOT JUST CHRISTIANITY! Overall, a great informative show
- Very entertainingMay 2, 2015 by The Rockin' Donkey from United States
I really enjoy the way these guys go in-depth on different forms of woo. Their episodes on L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology are highly recommended. A very interesting and entertaining look at a modern-day con-man.
- Nice workApril 28, 2015 by MatthewThe Apostle from United States
It is nice to see pople put the time into a show to give some good details thier run down on Scientology was amazing well done.
- Do Not Read This TitleMarch 8, 2015 by Mal Ackers from Australia
Witty, entertaining, informative, honest, pragmatik, innovative, illuminating, progressive, khallenging, konfronting, malleable, ethikal, and thought-provoking ...... they're all words in the diktionary ... look them up.Warmest, but not fondest regards, Sheikh Mahkoq
- Love the show!February 22, 2015 by 16748ffff from United States
These two are great, keep it up!
- And now for something completely different.February 2, 2015 by Mcwallen from United States
This is the only atheist/skeptic podcast that I have seen which addresses individual topics of religion in an educational and well researched manner. Most people do not know what the seventh day adventists history or theology for example, but they do well in examining this for the listener.Well worth a listen!
- Show is awesome from Episode 1 to NowJanuary 20, 2015 by JediJashwa from United States
I just came across this show about a month ago and have spent a lot of the last month catching up on the 70+ hours of content. Pretty much all of it has been great. Great banter. Great dick jokes. Great knowledge. Only issue I've had is some episodes get me too pumped up. Definitely find myself having way more difficult religious conversations on Atheism 101 days. Super awesome work dudes. Keep 'em coming!
- Helped me so muchDecember 21, 2014 by Emilyisnowinthebuilding from United States
You both helped me commit to my closet skeptical mind. I'm currently 17 years old and always been in private catholic school my whole life and have kept quiet about my doubts. You've given me confidence and knowledge and now my religion teachersroll their eyes when they see me because I constantly argue with them haha. I'm up to S2E27, and haven't completely branched out podcastwise, you guys being the only one I listen to, so you're my main atheistic outlet. I hope you continue this podcast until the rapture because you make me crack up.
- Great Show!December 2, 2014 by Stinger1355 from United States
Jeebus Crust would approve and bless your shouls. Honestly though I have enjoyed your podcast as I am recently deconverted the knowledge you guys bring is a breath of fresh air especially with the humor. Good luck and keep up the good work.
- Really enjoyableNovember 25, 2014 by Tesla2013 from United States
I love this podcast! Learned so much since I began listening. Tim has tiny teeth 😉
- ThanksNovember 10, 2014 by Dfreeze frosty from Canada
This is one of my favourite podcasts. Witty and informative
- Yall have a great showOctober 31, 2014 by Taylorgat from United States
I think yalls podcast is amazing and it is extremely helpful for me as a 15 year old who is just trying to figure out how I see thinks and to just disect the Bible and actually every religion I like to learn about but once again great pod cast I've listened to about 16 of yalls podcasts so far
- When keeping it real goes right...October 30, 2014 by Jimjamicus from United States
Just wanted to say thanks a lot guys. I love the work you’ve done and can’t wait to get caught up.
- Entertaining SkepticsOctober 29, 2014 by FONZstyle from United States
By far the most entertaining skeptic podcast I am listening to so far. The sound quality is much better (never bothered me anyway) and they are more organized. They are definitely a better product now as they evolved from the first show. Im still playing catch up, and Im looking forward to it. I love hearing about their interactions with the the religious and their arguments opposing religious dogma. Keep pumping this stuff out please!Your friend, the baby eating atheist. 😉
- Thanks from a nascent AtheistOctober 9, 2014 by Snug dope from United States
I love your show. I am working my way through the episodes from the beginning, and just finished episode 9. I am totally one of the "nascent Atheists" for whom your podcast has been amazingly helpful. I've checked out other atheist podcasts as well, but find yours the most helpful, the funniest, and the most thoughtful. I appreciate what you guys are doing very much. Please don't ever stop.
- An introductory podcast with good potentialSeptember 17, 2014 by Philip Atherton from United Kingdom
They are just starting off, and are improving every week. Sometimes there are technical quality issues, but the meat of the show is always well researched, and presented in an informative and amusing way. It is well worth adding to your list of atheist podcasts.
- Witty and EntertainingAugust 25, 2014 by KittyMaehem from Australia
Well done guys. An original take on Atheism (& woo). Lots and Lots of "Laugh out Loud" moments. Thankyou.
- Stroudsburg lady listenerAugust 14, 2014 by Jenniferpcollings from United States
I really enjoy your podcast. My favorite part is how many more times you use 'God' or 'Jesus' as expletives than any believer I know.
- Keep up the great work!July 28, 2014 by No Religion Required Podcast from United States
As a fellow podcaster I wanted to take a moment and commend you guys for doing a great show. The show is sounding great. We podcasters are working toward the same goal; to spread the word about the movement and to educate. You guys are doing a great job. If there is anything our show can do to help you guys out let us know. There isn't and never will be competition between shows. We are and forever will be one huge family. So we are here if you ever need us.
- Perfect!July 9, 2014 by Jelsamy from United States
Started listening to these guys when my faith really hit rock bottom, and my lifelong doubts really took hold. These two helped me sift through the brainwashing the whole "church scene" did to me, and provided me with easily digestible nuggets of truth, helping me to jump start my research into the untruths of the "inerrant word of god". Highly recommend this podcast to anyone fresh into atheism, as it is GREATLY helpful!
- Very informative!!!April 24, 2014 by jennbow711 from United States
Wish this podcast had been around when I was studying all religions!!! Would have made my transition to atheism much smoother and quicker!!! Thank you so much!!!!
- RonniePApril 18, 2014 by Ron1489 from United States
I have been able to learn, relearn, and review so much information because of this podcast. If you are looking for really solid information, a hell of a good laugh, and support for your reasoning and logic, this is the podcast to listen to. I wasn't sure what to think when I first started listening to these two guys (it might take a few episodes to get to know them, like most podcast), but they are down to earth, relatable, humble, and fun to listen to. I enjoy the fact they keep their episodes very raw, but still do a good job editing their content. They keep things relatable. But, for god's sake, don't take my word for it! 😉
- Keep 'em coming.March 30, 2014 by Bigg_Boss_ from United States
Keep it up guys. It's great the show provides a kind of classroom instruction approach to atheism and skepticism. I enjoy the genuine approach (oftentimes unprofessional) you guys take in the podcast, as well as the stupid jokes and accents. Very funny and borderline dumb. One thing guys, Please try and address the audio quality. Raise the volume because I often have to turn the radio ALL the way up to hear. Some equalization would help to eliminate the high pitched and distortion. Good job on the music. It's catchy. Keep it up heathens. Listening here from Bakersfield California.
- This is a Great Show!March 11, 2014 by Atheistbarrio from Canada
Thank you guys for all the effort that you put on the Podcast, all the reaserch and all the jokes and all the Fwords are just F awsome so once again Thank you Guys!!!(I wasn’t directed or persuaded to leave this review by any member of the show)
- Great new voicesDecember 4, 2013 by Tricky1111 from United States
I listen to 20+ atheist podcasts and these guys have quickly climbed my rankings among those I listen to first. Funny, informative and a fresh new voice among the other podcasts. Keep up the great work, guys!
- Loved listening...December 4, 2013 by Dariaprime from United States
Been listening all day at work. Loved Episode 7 & looking forward to more listening tomorrow & getting caught up. 'Num-num' was absolutely hysterical...& the storytelling from the children's book was so sincere I just couldn't keep it together at my desk. 🙂
- A rational voiceNovember 15, 2013 by Karin Verbeet from Sweden
A rational voice in the swamp of religions.
- This is new educational and entertaining podcast!October 28, 2013 by Pink Empress from Canada
Matt and Tim are funny and knowledgeable. This is becoming one of my favorite podcasts next to Scathing Atheist and SGU.
- Great show for us lonely atheists in the bible beltOctober 24, 2013 by UnWashed Logic from United States
I am glad I waited a few episodes to give this review. While enjoyed the content right from the first show, they clearly were new to format and had some bugs to work out. Matt no longer interrupts in the conversations, which maybe fine with two friends talking but can be very distracting on a podcast. The sound leveling between bits and the “interjections” for a lack of better word has greatly improved as well. I probably would have given it a 3 star then, but from around episode three on it is a solid 5 star show. There is plenty of information in the show, but it is more like a friendly conversation than a series of lectures. Overall it is quickly becoming one of my favorite podcasts, and generally whatever I am listening to at the time gets bumped back in the playlist when a new show comes out.
- Love itOctober 20, 2013 by Dongarrison from United States
Keep it up! Every voice helps
Subscribe To Atheism 101
Supporting Atheism 101 with one time donations also means helping to support great charities as Matt & Tim will soon be giving 20% of their PayPal proceeds to worthwhile causes!
If financial donations aren’t your thing your can still support the show by doing you usual Amazon shopping by clicking Atheism 101’s Affiliate link. It won’t cost you a penny and Amazon will give the show a cut!
By subscribing to Atheism 101 on Patreon.com/Atheism101Podcast you can help support Matt & Tim’s ongoing quest to bring you all obscure religious history, incredible stories of modern cults, and even the difficult to broach “Birds & Bee’s” talk. Best of all by subscribing you’ll be subscribed to Matt & Tim’s weekly Pepitodes — mini-episodes that include discussions of current events, life stories, and all of Matt’s secretly awesome jokes!
Best of all, like their PapPal donations, Atheism 101 will soon be donating 20% of their Patron proceeds to the organizations below. Help them reach that goal by visiting Patreon.com/Atheism101Podcast now!
HELP SPREAD THE GOOD
Charitable giving is important to both Matt & Tim. And with that in mind Atheism 101 is proud to announce we will be donating 10% (hopefully 20% soon!) of our PayPal & Patreon proceeds.
Now more than ever, organizations which seek to support members of the LGBTQ community, ensure access to women’s and reproductive healthcare, and work to protect our planet need our support. Recently Atheism 101 announced they would be giving 10% of their PayPal & Patreon donation proceeds to a worthwhile organization. Below you can find out more about these organizations.
Thank you for your kindness, we wouldn’t be able to do this without listeners like you!